With over 100 attendees and top leaders discussing tax policy, our annual Legislative Outlook Conference held on January 9th, 2017 was a huge success.
We heard from top lawmakers from both the House of Representatives and Senate, and policy experts on topics to be considered during the 2017 Legislative Session, including:
– Utah 2.0 – Paving the way for a brighter economic future through decreasing the tax burden on Utah businesses
– Leveling the playing field among retailers
– Tax hike alert! What you need to know about the 17.5% income tax increase proposal
– Shining the light on Utah’s hidden level of government – adding transparency in taxation by Utah’s special service districts
You can view the entire agenda by clicking here.
Did you miss it? Good news! You can listen to the entire conference right here!
You can also view the digital presentations by clicking on their individual names below.
– Dr. Richard Kendall, Our Schools Now
– Howard Stephenson, Utah State Senate
– Commissioner John Valentine, Utah State Tax Commission
– Jonathan Ball, Office of the Legislative Fiscal Analyst
– Lincoln Fillmore, Utah State Senate: Accountability in Special Service Districts, Equity Pupil Unit
– Joel Briscoe, Utah House of Representatives
– Nikki Dobay, Council On State Taxation
– Stuart Adams, Utah State Senate
– David Woolstenhulme, Utah College of Applied Technology
The Legislative Outlook Conference also produced a great deal of media coverage from Utah’s outlets. Take a few moments to see what reporters had to say.
Thanks for helping making our conference a success!