Join the Utah Taxpayers Foundation for the first annual “Newly Elected Officials” Conference on Tuesday, December 13, 2011 from 9:00am to 4:00pm at the Little America Hotel.
Keynote Speaker Lawrence Reed, President of the Foundation for Economic Education will share “Seven Principles of Sound Public Policy” and join local leaders from around the state on topics of local leadership and fiscal responsiblity.
- How budgets, financial statement and annual audits shape public policy
- Staffing, budgeting and taxing for a volatile economy
- When are RDAs appropriate and when are they just corporate welfare?
- Are grants economic development or just growing government?
- How do sales taxes and property taxes work?