The 2010 Utah Taxes Now Conference was a huge success. Over 230 participants heard presentations by Governor Gary Herbert, Congressman Rob Bishop, Attorney General Mark Shurtleff, Senate President Michael Waddoups, House Speaker David Clark, legislators, community leaders and experts from the Cato Institute and the Univerity of Texas, San Antonio.
Photos of the event are now available.
The 2010 Utah Taxes Now Conference full video is now available. View each of the 13 speaker panels individually or the entire conference
- Utah’s response to federal healthcare mandates: Mark Shurtleff and Ilya Shapiro
- Balancing the 2011 budget: Representative Ron Bigelow and Senator Lyle Hillyard
- Out of the frying pan, and into the fire: Will the 2012 budget be as tough as 2011? Senate President Michael Waddoups and House Speaker David Clark
- Solving the $6.5 billion pension deficit – SB 43, SB 63: Senator Dan Liljenquist
- A tax by any other name: Is Salt Lake County’s police fee legal? Jim Bradley, Salt Lake County Council and Mark Buchi
- The haves vs. the have nots – Achieving school funding equalization statewide: Representative Merlynn Newbold and Senator Ben McAdams
- Retaining the Title of Best Managed State in Tough Times: Governor Gary R. Herbert
- Saving taxpayers money in transportation and power – Express Pass and Cool Keeper: Carlos Braceras
- Privatization: Getting government out of the business of business
- Tax implications of federal land access and the 10th Amendment: Representative Chris Herrod
- Complying with pass through entity withholding: Michael Cragun
- Lunch Keynote: Congressman Rob Bishop
- Legislative Wrap Up and Supplementary Session
The Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News covered the event. To read their various stories, click on the following links.